Beat the Heat with Truman Tavern’s Cool Summer Selections
Just in case you haven’t stepped outside lately here’s a newsflash: IT’S HOT in Atlanta! Welcome to the dog days of summer. Here in Decatur it’s back to school time and many other districts are following close behind. If you’re looking to beat the heat this time of year as the kids head out to school, Truman Tavern has some great light fare to keep you cool during these hot summer months. Come check out some of these great dishes or join us for our fun specials! Here’s just a little sampling of some of the “cool” dishes you can try this summer at Truman, and a run-down of our summer specials!
This summer, our specials are sizzling every day of the week! We kick off Monday with half-priced Carolina Smoked Ribs. The Decatur Square restaurant regulars are raving about our indoor charcoal grill and these ribs smoked in house will have you coming back for more! Tuesdays are for tacos at Truman, and we won’t disappoint you Taco Tuesday fans with our specials: $2 Smoked Brisket Tacos, $2 Tecate beer, and $3 Margaritas! We don’t stop the fun mid-week: Wednesday is our $3 rotating beer special and Thursdays feature $5 wine by the glass. Happy Hour begins Friday at 4 with $5 cocktail specials and half-price Blue Point Oysters, all until 7PM. Truman Tavern kicks off the weekend with $4 Mimosas, $5 Bloody Mary’s and $5 Rose until 5PMboth Saturday and Sunday.
If you’re looking to beat the heat with lighter fare, look no further than the best restaurant on Decatur Square, Truman Tavern. We’ve got some great menu items to help keep you cool this summer. Check out these great choices:
- Farmer’s Sandwich –Our delightfully light lemon-infused edamame spread with avocado, cucumber, sprouts, cured red onion, local greens and tomato.
- Classic Club – House roasted turkey breast served on sourdough with applewood smoked bacon and gruyere cheese topped with local artisan greens, tomato, avocado and dijonnaise.
- Lemon Edamame Spread served with cucumbers, kimchi and pita chips.
- Oakhurst Salad – Local greens, cured red onion, red grapes, spiced pecans, crumbled goat cheese.
- D’Cobb – Local greens, crumbled blue cheese, corn, avocado, cured red onion, tomato, crumbled bacon and grilled chicken breast.
- Classic Caesar – Our classic Caesar salad with hearts of romaine, parmesan and house made croutons.
- Blue Point Oysters – Our cold and delicious oysters served with cocktail sauce, horseradish and mignonette.
If you find yourself near Decatur Square, come on down to Truman Tavern and beat the heat with our sizzling summer specials and “cool” menu items! Come give our new menu a try and you’ll be hooked!
We want to be your choice for casual tavern dining and fun on Decatur square, and we hope you will follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.Check out our blog for favorite recipes, cocktails and all things food related! We hope to see you soon at Truman Tavern.